Wednesday, 30 May 2012

HA6 Task 5

Evaluation

HA6 Task 1
I did read the brief thoroughly and took an estimated guess of the timescale as to what point I would finish the assignment and concluded I might have not enough time to meet the deadline. Other than that I was perfectly clear on what I had to do and further questioning was not needed. I understood the way in which the assignment was designing and how the grades were awarded. I researched the product and client briefly before starting the assignment, I reflected heavily on the skills I developed during the introduction to modeller sessions, yet equally finding new and efficient ways to work in with the tools I was given. I did create a design pack for reference and kept refering back it later on in the production.

HA6 Task 2
Unfortunately I did not create a production log early on; however I did save the projects at a certain points in the production so I could later log them. This was done to achieve the most of the time I had allocated to creating the project. The log of diagrams I made, were clear and precise.

HA6 Task 3
I learned during the 3D modelling, that it’s good to experiment with different tools to try to get the right shape rather than sticking to the same few tools, I learnt that reference images are really important to get the the size and shape right for my character, I also learned that there are many different way to get the right shape while modelling.

HA6 Task 4
I believe my finished product achieved the aim of the project. As explained in [HA4 Task 1 – Outline] I understood the brief and what I needed to do, the assignment was clear to me, I reflected on the skills I had gained from the introduction to modeller sessions, along with my own knowledge. I planned out what needed to be done and when. However a weakness in my design process was probably delaying the time on making a production log when I should have done it while working on the project to be more time efficient, as explained in [Ha4 Task 2 – Plan]. Overall I am happy which my project I could have been more efficient but I was able to get the work done in an acceptable timeframe.

No comments:

Post a Comment